Training in English with French translation
Essential Strategies for Sexual Trauma
“All of us work with clients who have experienced sexual trauma as a child, sexual assault as adults, with couples who grapple with sexual incompatibilities, or people who struggle with debilitating shame, sexual/gender identity, body image and just generally resist being in their bodies.
This workshop is designed to tackle just these issues, and aimed at helping practitioners acquire a variety of new and effective tools to best serve these clients—even the toughest ones.
Introducing material and exercises not covered in the Somatic Experiencing training.”
- How to support practitioners in feeling more confidence in their own bodies and with all topics related to sexuality
- How to help those most reluctant to inhabit their bodies actually find ease and pleasure!
- Help clients with complex histories identify clear goals, so you both know where you’re headed, have the consent you need to nudge a bit, and then take the most direct path to recovery
- Learn some of the newest science in sex education that will help you explain essential facts to your clients that will normalize behaviors and lessen shame
- Learn multiple embodiment exercises that support regulation in the present—which helps people who are triggered by daily life find moment-to-moment resource and stability.
- Learn new techniques that strengthen boundaries, help people “find their voice”, and express genuine “embodied consent”
- Learn advanced strategies for reworking sexual trauma without re-traumatizing, and the order and steps that are most effective for success
- Learn a variety ways of working shame and helping clients escape from its clutches
- Learn skills specific to working with male survivors
There will be time to discuss some specific cases.
What you will learn personally
- Get comfortable talking about the body and discussing sexuality issues with your clients and intimates.
- Become friends with your body, and inhabit it with new levels of comfort and ease, all parts of it…
- Develop more awareness, find new levels of pleasure in the embodiment exercises. Maybe even enjoy sex and intimacy more!
Who will benefit
Therapists, psychologists, touch therapists, sex educators, intimacy coaches and any practitioner who wishes to become more adept at somatically treating sexual trauma and sexuality issues
Maison des Etudiants Canadiens
Cité Universitaire Internationale
31 Boulevard Jourdan Paris 14
June 23 – 25, 2023
Ariel Giarretto, MS, LMFT, SEP, CMT, CSB is a body-oriented therapist, SE trainer, and Somatic Sex Educator. After completing her post-graduate education in psychology, and licensed as a marriage and family therapist, she studied a wide variety of somatic therapies, and is primarily informed by Somatic Experiencing (SE), She was introduced to SE in 1999 had has been active in assisting Peter and other early teachers for many years. She became full-time teaching faculty in 2005. and trains and mentors practitioners all over the globe.
Throughout the 90’s she was on staff at the Esalen Institute in Big Sur, CA as an active member of the community, a workshop and group leader, a private therapist and part of the bodywork and massage crew.
In 2015, to integrate sexuality and the pelvis into the SE material, she certified as a Somatic Sex Educator, and now specializes in sexual and gender-based violence, as well as all sexual challenges.
She is the co-developer of “The Full Embodiment Model” which offers gentle, transformative workshops for people wanting to heal from the effects of sexuality/gender trauma, sexual abuse and disembodiment.
She has extensive training in prenatal and birth therapy with Ray Castellino, as well as attachment and early developmental trauma, and has been a home birth “doula”, a dancer, a drummer, an athlete, a professional cook and baker, a world traveler and adventurer, a juggler and street performer, and is particularly fond of her doodle Freya, her Green Cheek Conures, Tulip and Oscar, and of course her partner Jeffrey. Originally from the US, she is currently based in Denmark
Friday and Saturday:
9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and 2 p.m. to 17:30 p.m.
9am to 12:30 p.m. and 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.
Reservation before May 1st:
Member 540€ Non-member 600€.
Reservation after May 1st:
Member 600€ Non-member 660€